View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Oilers would have lost this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Unless a person was there, or watching live on TV, those two AFC championship losses to the Steelers will burn to the grave. We were almost there, in the promised land. For those that were NOT there, they don't know. They'll never understand so it's no use aruging with them. They don't have what we are talking about.
DB and I had a conversation the other day about how experiences build expectations. He was explaining the air of always waiting for the other shoe to drop and how you could sit in the stadium in Houston and hear people muttering "how are they going to figure out how to lose this one." I was explaining how that mystified me when I started going to games here (although the only Oilers game I ever attended was the KC playoff loss against Montana). Coming from the halcyon days of Dallas with Roger "Captain Comeback" Staubach through playoff clutch Aikman I grew up thinking every game was winnable even when down by 20 pts.