View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #33
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pleased with our Inside Linebacker play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I still think WR and NT are the biggest needs for this team. Cody was out last night, and the D-line parted like Moses at the Red Sea many times. We need a better anchor in the middle, and that needs to be addressed before worrying about a backup or borderline starting ILB. If Cushing wasn't hurt, people wouldn't care nearly as much about the position. I think spending a 3rd or 4th on a LB makes sense, but not a 1st or 2nd. We need a successor to AJ in the 1st and a solid NT in the 2nd. I'm projecting 4 compensatory picks for the Texans next year, giving us 11 total, which is way too many for this team. I think we could package some late picks with our 4th to move up a round to grab an ILB that drops out of the 2nd. There are some good prospects out there in this area of the draft, so we may not have to trade up at all for an ILB. I would also like to see Cushing and Dobbins play together next year, I think they could be our starters and then all we would need is some more depth behind them.
Hope you are correct on the comps and that we can trade up with our own picks. Now is the draft to go 100% quality over quantity. I do not see WR falling to us to replace AJ eventually. Terrence Williams may be there but despite his stats, not sure he is the guy although he might be better than Jean (who?) & Posey. If I was sure we could get a NT in 2nd I might look strongly at Tyler Eifert TE.