View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #55
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Never thought I would say these words, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
The play where KJax fell in coverage... where Chris Collinsworth was making a big deal about Marshall being wide open and Campbell missed it.

Is that a legal play? Just wondering what the rules are there. It looked like zone coverage and KJ was sitting in his zone, then Marshall simply just runs him over. Legal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Anybody remember when that play happened; I'd like to go back and watch it.

In the meantime, here are the rules:

Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched.

(b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.

(c) Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Believe there were ~8minutes left in the final frame.

If its within 5 yards its a legal chuck. Outside of that five yards .... Its not.

I think it was probably beyond 5 yards .... tho not sure how far , Maybe Marshall sold the contact being mutual or it was borderline on the 5 yards and not called.
I found the play.
It was with 4:38 to go in the game.
KJ lined up 5 yards from the LOS and backpedaling.
Marshall made contact with KJax 9 yards from the LOS and pushed him off his feet, as in:
(c) Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field

Collingsworth rambled too much and forgot the situation.

IMO, Campbell understood that if he threw the ball to Marshall, a late flag might have been thrown so he checked the ball down.

It was a one-yard loss for the Bears anyway; perhaps the refs thought the Texans were happy enough with the results so they never pulled out the flag.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote