View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #1289
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Partially agree. Teams know we want to come out & run the ball so they start out games against us stacking the box. This is why Gary & the offense 90% of the time come out slinging it & running tempo pass plays; you have to show teams that you're willing to throw it downfield to move those guys out of the box....or at least get them thinking about the pass. This game was no different.

So while i agree that passing the ball...in those conditions....with an average arm qb who'd already thrown a few picks almost blew up in our faces, those plays were there to be made; the conditions just weren't ideal.

You could also argue that Foster doesn't have those lanes to run through if Gary abandons the pass too early & we become 1 dimensional...Besides, the lone TD of the game was a pass play...a great throw by Schaub & certainly a great catch by Foster.
Exactly. The way I saw the Bears was playing D, I thought Kubiak was making the right calls. All of the LBs were being too aggressive against the run and leaving the middle of the field wide open. I was thinking, they can go play action on every play. Unfortunately, the players couldn't execute.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote