View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #1275
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Partially agree. Teams know we want to come out & run the ball so they start out games against us stacking the box. This is why Gary & the offense 90% of the time come out slinging it & running tempo pass plays; you have to show teams that you're willing to throw it downfield to move those guys out of the box....or at least get them thinking about the pass. This game was no different.

So while i agree that passing the ball...in those conditions....with an average arm qb who'd already thrown a few picks almost blew up in our faces, those plays were there to be made; the conditions just weren't ideal.

You could also argue that Foster doesn't have those lanes to run through if Gary abandons the pass too early & we become 1 dimensional...Besides, the lone TD of the game was a pass play...a great throw by Schaub & certainly a great catch by Foster.
I came to that same conclusion after I had time to decompress an hour later.

There just should have been more 3-step drop routes: Slants, curls, RB-in-the-flats type of plays. Everybody was having a hard time catching passes out there, the deeper the throw the harder to catch it. We could have slung it to AJ every other play, and he would have gained 5 yards each time.

I'm fine now. I just really felt like Kubiak almost waited too late to adjust.