View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #113
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
1 NT and yes, a BIG brick in the wall wouldn't be the worst thing in the world (the worst thing in the world is watching current Texan NTs get consistently blown straight off the line). Just somebody that can hold the point would be great. Making plays, stopping the run, pass rush would all be gravy lol...mmmmmm gravy....

2 WR. Andre still has it but for how long? And Walter is no spring chicken. There is no clear cut heir and this pick really churns up the depth.

3 P. Yup. I doubt the Texans go 3rd round for one but I think the need for one is...pretty obvious.

4 RG/RT. Hard to knock a line that has Schaub and Foster producing behind it but I think they could take another stab at RT, even with a few young bucks on the rise and a stellar, veteran left side.

5 CB should probably be higher but really drafting for depth. Hopefully turns out better than Brandon "Inactive" Harris.

6 RB. This team relies on the ground game, Foster is carrying a ton this year and Tate has officially spent half his career injured.

7 S. Need special teams help.
Yes to all the above. I'm totally revamping the way I look @ NFL draft prospects for Texans. Focus more on rough diamonds @ positions where depth is a concern, fill those holes w/high ceiling (affordable starting material) high character players. It's going to be tough on Rick Smith to keep this corp group together, Mercilus could replace Barwin, Harris could replace McCain & Texans not skip a beat. Maybe they resign Cody on the cheap since he is older & often nicked but spending a high pick @ his position is a strong probability. No way Texans sign Tate long term, so using him next draft to trade up in 2nd or 3rd is another viable option. Do Texans have to get a high end TE early, no, but he sure would help this possession style offense. Cushing will return next year so ILB will not be as big of need but long term he does need a running mate, more high quality inside linebacker depth at minimum. Martin looks better & better returning kicks, would like to see Texans keep some continuity with returner, focus more on setting up blocks down field. QB would be luxury pick, maybe use one of those supplemental picks? Interior line is the only must need in my view or if one of the elite RT prospects like Wagner is still available. Texans simply have to add more talent to protect Schaub because he lacks mobility & Foster needs cleaner holes to stay healthy & productive.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote