View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do the Texans get national respect now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
You have to earn respect, which to the national media, will always be more than whatever any Houston team does.
^^This

I could care less nowadays about national media coverage where as a few years ago I would get all worked up about it. However, it is still funny to me to hear asinine media downplay Texans victories which is an undeniable fact that this happens. After the win in NYJ immediately after the game it was all about the Jets to which if I remember correctly one of the broadcasters even jokingly apologized to Texans fans for.

I'm already hearing excuses on why the Bears lost nationally and how you "can't really take anything away from this game as far as learning something since it was bad weather and Cutler got knocked out", etc. I'm sure when I'm home at lunch the idiots on First Take will say stupid stuff downplaying the Texans.

Plus Houston just has a bad rep nationwide, I've even heard us referred to as a "small market" to which I LOL'ed so hard I gave myself a headache.....yeah....small market....never mind 4th largest city in the country, top 10 media market, energy capital of the country if not world, etc....

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote