View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #1285
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Hey, I'm the one who was mad for Gary taking so long to figure it out in the first half.

Took him long enough. I guess the rain softened his skull enough that it finally soaked into his brain that we could GASP! win with running and defense!!!

Once he figured it out, he stuck with it the rest of the game. The toss to Graham for the FG setup was about as gutsy as he got all 2nd half, which was perfect IMO.

But he almost really screwed us over with all the passes to middle and deeper routes in first half. He almost didn't adjust in time. Agree?
Partially agree. Teams know we want to come out & run the ball so they start out games against us stacking the box. This is why Gary & the offense 90% of the time come out slinging it & running tempo pass plays; you have to show teams that you're willing to throw it downfield to move those guys out of the box....or at least get them thinking about the pass. This game was no different.

So while i agree that passing the ball...in those conditions....with an average arm qb who'd already thrown a few picks almost blew up in our faces, those plays were there to be made; the conditions just weren't ideal.

You could also argue that Foster doesn't have those lanes to run through if Gary abandons the pass too early & we become 1 dimensional...Besides, the lone TD of the game was a pass play...a great throw by Schaub & certainly a great catch by Foster.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote