View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #20
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hit on Cutler...

When I saw the play real time, I thought the hit was hard, but legal. On the replay, in slow mo, I thought it was slightly late and to the head. But in either, I don't feel Dobbins launched himself nor did I get the sense that he was playing dirty, but it was a helmet to helmet hit and that flag wasn't getting picked up. It happens. If I'm a bears fan, I would consider it a cheap shot. That was a hard hitting game. Those players were playing loose. I can't imagine how difficult it is to pull off, which upon replay again, it almost appears like Dobbins was applying a hit and trying to pull off at the moment the hit was applied. Hard to stop a moving train. I'm sure the people who have issue with Jay getting plowed were applauding him when Chris C was talking about him being a "Bears QB" because he's diving head first, etc...

You get a QB who's doing that, someone will put a hat on him.

To the Letter, I feel you can't flag Dobbins for hitting above the QB's shoulders, as they stated, if you also confirm the QB was beyond the LOS. Especially with Cutler showing his willingness to play "tough".