View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #16
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Oilers would have lost this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I think all of us old Oilers guard know what I am talking about. It's different times now. No Bud Adams, not choking when expectations are high.

When this game was starting I remembered back to that Ian Howfield game back in 91 in Washington. The Oilers were 7-1 and the Redskins were 7-1 or 8-0, don't remember for sure. The Oilers were finally trying to prove they were an elite team going against the NFC's best.

Ian Howfield lines up for a chip shot to win the game in the final seconds and he misses, the Oilers go on to lose in OT.

Anyway, many parallels with this game. However the outcome was different. The Texans didn't choke. They beat the Bears at their own game.

Next up Jax which means 9-1.

BTW, speaking of Bud Adams this Bears team put up 50 plus point on him last week and blew his arse all the way back to Houston. How many did they put up against the Son of Bum?
I am right there with ya. I honestly could not be happier to be a fan of the Texans right now. It has not always been this good and we will have tough times again at some point in our future. However, this ride has been a blast!