View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Safety Presents Formula to Defeat Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Matt Bowen, 7 year vet NFL SS and regular contributor to at nationalfootballpost.com schemes out a Bears strategy that he advocates to take down the Texans.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...2751122.column

Bears' Dino stem could break Texans
Marshall can get isolated on cornerback and put him in difficult trailing position

To score points against the Texans' top-tier defense, Jay Cutler and the Bears will have to take some shots when they get into the strike zone (20- to 35-yard line). Look for deep inside breaking routes that target the secondary with Brandon Marshall as the primary read.

As shown here, the Bears have their Posse personnel (three wide receivers, one tight end, one running back) in a Doubles alignment against the Texans' base nickel sub package (five defensive backs). They will run the Dino Double Post and put stress on the top of the Texans' Cover-4 scheme.

Be sure to read the rest of the article (link above) for the whole strategy that is proposed for the downfall of the Texans.
I really hope they try to block our DEs with a LT and a RB. That chomping you hear is Watt and Smith chewing Cutler's legs for an early Thanksgiving supper.