Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012   #58
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Not to take away anything from your post, but the three main things Manziel has to do over the next two years or so is
  1. Win. If he's not on a winning club, nothing else matters
  2. Develop as a passer
  3. Develop as a leader

The last one is pretty important.. I don't know. But he has to be able to lead his team when he's on the field. There are no excuses for the QB. He's got to learn to exude confidence. He's got to learn how to handle the media.

We've seen some talented QBs come out of the NCAA only to fail at the highest level, because they have no leadership skills.
Leadership is the last thing I would concern myself with when it comes to Manziel. Accuracy should improve in time as he develops better core strength (still see him tossed around like a rag doll by big huge linemen). Maybe not as naturally gifted as Mariota (who also needs improved core strength) but must keep in mind these KIDS are redshirt freshman.

2012 Draft was Mercilus