View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012   #172
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our first round pick Whitney Mercilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well, that's total snaps, and in order to really compare apples to apples, we need to divide it by number of games and also take a look at total defensive snaps for each team (several teams had bye weeks 4-7, when the Texans didn't have one). It would also be worth it to look at the number of each down, as we are talking about pass rushers, and they have to be on the field for most every 3rd down. I have a hunch that with our offense's ridiculous time of possession and our stubborn defense that forces teams off the field on 3rd down, we are on the lower end of the spectrum in regard to total defensive snaps.

I would also like to see JJ's percentage of plays with the Texans overall. Is he at 80%, 90, 99? Might help understand how much the team utilizes him.

Where do you get your stats from for this ? I'd like to take a look for myself, but I"m not aware of a stats database that's publicly available and tracks snap counts per player.
Football Outsiders have this new feature. Go to Stats / Player Snap Counts.
You have to search week by week. For the Texans , Watt is used the most on the line.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote