View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012   #69
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster back on MEAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
How long has he been doing this? Because his last 2 games he's averaged 4.9 yards per carry, WAY up from the 3.7 he was at before the the Baltimore game.
I had mentioned this before.
The reason Foster's average was low is because we used him in short yardage situations or to run out the clock a lot. These are the times when the defense stacks the LOS, making it difficult to gain a lot of yards.

The last two games, there were only 6 instances that we use Foster in short yardage (3rd or 4th and 3 yard or less, or 3 yards from the opponent's goal-line.)
That's 3 per game.

A couple of weeks ago, I counted the previous games (I don't remember if I counted the first 5 or 6 games) and the total was 31.
Let's say it was through 6 games, he still averaged a hair more than 5 such carries per game (2 more than the last two games.)

There was no other back in the league that is even close to those counts.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote