View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overall fan response not what I expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Your last sentence holds the key to the problem.

A lot of folks had their heart ripped out when the Oilers left Houston. Maybe these folks have never recovered the way WE have?

For many people, they might have chosen other teams OR might have just give up on it altogether. Plus, with social media and smart phones we're not talking on elevators with people anymore...we're typing things onto a phone and interacting digitally now.Those things might factor into the lack of buzz. If I want to chat it up about Texans football, I'm doing that here and not with random dude on elevator.

Different times.
GP I think your post has much to do with it. I still strike up conversation with random folks wearing and NFl gear & lead into Texans but probably many do not do that.

I have stronger since of urgency/trepidation with Cody out now and OD probably reduced to just a few plays if that.