View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus, ReFocused -- Buffalo@Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Arian Foster gained 111 yards on the ground, despite not breaking any tackles, with only 26 of his rushing yards coming after initial contact

I have been noticing Foster seems to go down (or concede the tackle) automatically this years compared to years past running style. Never really see him pumping his knees or making a second effort. Plus he runs out of bounds ever chance he gets. I know he is caring a huge work load possibly 400 carries this year. Do you think with the new contract he has began to think of his longevity.
Foster had the flu. I'm sure that contributed to his average performance.

I think the issue this year relates to the offensive line changes... I'm not blaming the offensive line, because it is clear that Foster has sometimes been late with his cutback or made a misread on a cut that ended up limit the play's potential. I think he is still getting on the same page with those guys on the right side... knowing what to expect from them and getting the timing down. Remember, our rushing offensive is all about timing and expectations. Foster is still learning how Jones and Newton read and react to each situation. I think it will continue to improve with repititions.