View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Sorry, Fiddler/TK...it's a pattern you have.
I think it's a reading comprehension problem. I have not made a statement of any kind of what I think the Chargers would do with Ben Tate as their starting RB.

I said, If I were Ben Tate, I wouldn't look at that record & think that team sucks. If I were Ben Tate I would think that any team I am starting on would be a winning team. He probably said the same thing when he was drafted by the Texans. Probably thought he'd be the starting running back & that we would be successful because of it.

I have yet to state what I think the Chargers would have done if Ben Tate was their starting running back. I have stated several times what I think Ben Tate would think if he was the starting running back.

& as far as Steve Slaton, no, you will never see what I was seeing. Your opinion is based on his stats. He ran for a lot of yards that one year. But if you go back to the game logs, you'll see there were several runs for short gains. If you can find the film, you'll see a lot of his runs came after he was initially stopped, ran into a pile, then somehow or another managed to stay on his feet, cut back the other way & make a big gain after everyone else was trapped in the pile.

The year I said he was running better, was the year he was actually seeing the holes & hitting them. Not being touched for several yards beyond the LOS.

He was running better, not getting many opportunities for other reasons, so his stats suffered.

I'm not the only one who mentioned that about Slaton. I may be the only one to stick it out there & say that Slaton was running better. But I am not alone in my observations.

Same thing when looking at Myers & Kj. I see the talent, I see the consistency, I see the ability to make plays. You & several others see stats. Once the rest of the team got better around those two players, then everyone can see how good they really are. You & they are looking at trailing indicators, I'm looking at leading indicators.

If you don't get me, that's fine.