View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012   #36
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overall fan response not what I expected

These are the remaining games on the reg. season schedule. Eight games left and five of them on the road. Depending on which version of the Texans decide to show up we could win all of them or lose most of them.

11/11 - Bears (anyone else scared of the Bears special teams vs. ours?? ...or Brandon Marshall against a somewhat gimpy J-Jo??)
11/18 - Jags (meh)
11/22 - Lions (Matthew Stafford and Megatron; don't laugh, Stafford has more passing yds than Aaron Rodgers or Matt Ryan)
12/02 - Titans (meh)
12/10 - Pats (errr... Brady, Thomas... 'nuff said)
12/16 - Colts (a pretty damn good rookie and a team playing inspired ball for their seriously ill head coach)
12/23 - Vikings (Adrian Peterson)
12/30 - Colts (see above, but hopefully we'll be playing 2nd & 3rd stringers)

And it's not just the offense that concerns me; if the defense that got embarrassed by the Packers is the one that shows up for the Bears, Lions, Pats, or Vikings (hell, the way Luck is playing, even the Colts) we could go on a losing streak. All those teams have a stud or two that could torch our secondary or gash our run defense (see comments next to each game).

So when we get past that murderer's row of road games, maybe folks will let loose...
maybe....
even then there are still things to fret about...

For example, I know if we go to Brady's place with a 10-2 record, I'll be very worried. Because that game will be for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

If we're 9-3 or worse when we go to Brady's place, we're playing for the second bye - or worse - because I don't see anyone on the Pats' schedule that can take them down before we play them.

All that to say, it's waaaaay too soon for chest thumping.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote