View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012   #33
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overall fan response not what I expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Do any cities who have a dominant football team display chest thumping? Fact is, when a team is terrible everyone has their own opinion on how to fix things so it leads to a lot more discussion. When the Texans are rolling along, doing what they're supposed to do, what are as fans supposed to say? We all agree that they're doing great and that special teams sucks.
Sam you might not remember the craziness of Luv ya Blue but this city went berserk for two years. I mean strangers meeting by chance in an elevator or just anywhere immediately began talking Oilers. The only thing close to that was the Rockets 1994 and 1995. We may be a dominant thing but still baby new to it; so yeah chest thumping should be rampant. We are nowhere near Packer or Patriot fan expectations of an annual playoff appearance. Texans (people not the team) have always lived through sports from kiddie ball to majors. Having lost an NFL team and going through several losing and so so seasons with McNair's team, I just expect more at least for now.