View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012   #47
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Daryl Sharpton???

Texans’ Sharpton returns after a yearlong absence

Published on November 7th, 2012
Written by: Dale Robertson

If you remember my posts re. the hip probably being a "compensation" injury secondary to unrealistically working the quad too heavily and too early trying to get back to football too soon.

Quote:
And the day training camp opened, coach Gary Kubiak suggested Sharpton was close to returning.

He wasn’t. Instead, he wound up on the physically-unable-to-perform list, ensuring he’d miss the first half of the season.

Slow and steady

“I went into training camp thinking I was going to hit the ground running,” Sharpton said. “But I guess I overcompensated on my other (left) leg and hurt my hip. But I stayed positive. I just continued to rehab, keep my faith in God’s plan for me, and now I’m here. It felt good to get back on the field and play with my friends again, just running around out there and getting the adrenaline flowing.

“I eased into it but got more and more confident as practice went on. It’s hard to simulate playing football, the physical part, the stamina part. I’m sure I’ll catch on, get the muscle memory back. I’ve been working out hard, lifting weights, stretching, doing everything I needed to do in preparation.”
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote