View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans logo makeover and rest of NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
'eh, that's cool. I don't have a strong enough opinion about it to really debate it, much less care. I'll take y'all's word for it.

I think it's trying too hard when you have to think about it at all. Most of the other logos are instant understanding. Ours was just kinda' weak, IMO.

Just for fun, though...

I believe that the illustrator is making fun of our Texans (like some of the other logos are doing of their respective teams). That looks more like a cow bucking than a bull. Some are not still convinced the Texans, despite their record, are worthy of mention amongst the elite. Now, maybe if the illustrator would have drawn in some cajones......................

Quote:
Imagine my amazement when I opened my newsletter yesterday, and there was my baby girl, Cali Rae- bucking the lights out. I figure there are going to be folks out there who are not familiar with bucking bred cattle and so am posting this entry to make sure you all know that these animals are not made to buck, they are bred to buck and then treated so well that they feel wonderful, and demonstrate their athletic abilities with little encouragement.

Cali Rae is the first calf to be born here are the 4B Ranch. That was two and a half years ago now. The photo in the Jan 22, 09 newsletter was taken at Buckin Buckley last June when we bucked all our unbred females to make sure they had the athletic ability and temprament for this sport. They had only a flank rope looped around their hips, which they were easily able to kick off in 6 seconds.

Professionally, only bulls are bucked as females are more valuable for breeding.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote