View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus, ReFocused -- Buffalo@Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Arian Foster gained 111 yards on the ground, despite not breaking any tackles, with only 26 of his rushing yards coming after initial contact

I have been noticing Foster seems to go down (or concede the tackle) automatically this years compared to years past running style. Never really see him pumping his knees or making a second effort. Plus he runs out of bounds ever chance he gets. I know he is caring a huge work load possibly 400 carries this year. Do you think with the new contract he has began to think of his longevity.
I think it might have to do with fumbles. Here are his rushing stats over the years:

2010: 16 games, 327 carries, 1616 yards, 4.9 ypc, 16 TDs, 89 First downs, 3 fumbles, 2 fumbles lost
2011: 13 games, 278 carries, 1,224 yards, 4.4 ypc, 10 TDs, 58 First Downs, 4 Fumbles, 2 Fumbles Lost (he had 1 fumble lost on a reception too)
2012: 8 games, 192 carries, 770 yards, 4.0 ypc, 10 TDs, 42 First Downs, 0 Fumbles

The Texans have been exceptional this year with regard to turnovers, +6 so far this year. Foster had a history of fumbling the ball in college at Tennessee, and he did have a few over the past few years, but this change in style or strategy (however you want to look at it) appears to benefit the team more than those few extra yards he may get. Call me crazy if you wish, but I think this is part of Kubiak's strategy to maintain ball control throughout the game, and keep Arian's confidence up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...7/arian-foster