View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012   #33
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we using Foster correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Two games and you're up to two. That "high but catchable" is subjective and therefore disallowed by the judges.

What would really be interesting is to see how your assessment - for each game - compares with the official stat-keepers for the NFL. I'm sure you're convinced that what you see is correct - all humans have that fault - just as I'm sure that those Stat.com guys think they know what a "drop" is and what it isn't.

My question is, So WHAT? We're 7-1 and none of those drops cost us a win. So, so what if Foster dropped 4 or 40? When one of these "drops" costs us a game, we'll all be screaming.
Me included.
Until then... meh.

oh and....
I'm as much of a kool-aid guy as most folks, but saying we're 7-1 shouldn't be a catch-all (pun intended) response for any thread/post questioning the Texans.

As to the drops, while on a basis that is admittedly both anecdotal and subjective, I question the accuracy of the statistic of four drops. On a completely objective and stat-driven level, I'll point out that even taking the four drops as absolutely accurate, that puts Foster at tied for 20th in drops, and tied for 136th in targets.

LINK