View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Anyone else yelling in their house for him to stay in bounds on some of his runs?

This game vs. Buffalo could've been a bit bigger of a point margin. At one point in the 4th quarter around 6:00 and some change, Arian breaks about a 10-15 yard (or more) run. He gets the first down and some but instead of staying in bounds he walks out of bounds.

I'm not saying I want him to turn inside and lower his shoulder or anything but simply falling down in bounds, at that point, would've really helped our team get that game over with.

A good example would be how when we got the ball back on offense later at that time, and James Casey gets a pass and runs for a 1st down and simply falls in bounds to keep the clock rolling.

To me, these are small things that could be reminded to players because that's how you escape with road wins/playoff wins. + it takes the winds out of a defense's momentum.
The clock only stops on out of bound plays in the last two minutes of the 1st half, and the last five minutes of the 2nd half. Running out of bounds with 6 minutes left in the game did nothing to extend the game.

Edit: Just checked the play by play, and no Texans RB ran the ball out of bounds in the last five minutes of Sunday's game.