View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012   #98
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Wow doing Texans 2013 draft needs in order of importance is tough, harder than I thought it would be. I think the Texans take a BPA at a position of need approach to the draft.

1. NT, Cody will be a FA, not worthy of an expensive FA contract, and Mitchell isn't ready to be a full time NT. I think Mitchell should be moved to DE depth with the injury to Jamison and solve our DE depth issues. 1st or 2nd round pick.

2. WR, I like Martin at #3 in the slot but Jean has shown nothing, and I think Posey was just a mistake. Obvious need, 1st - 3rd round pick.

3. O-line, RT is the giant elephant in the room that's obvious to everyone but no one knows what to do yet. I guess we'll know more about Newton at the end of the season. I still think a quality OT/OG pick is a necessity as the future of the O-line looks to be changing in the next couple years (Caldwell, W. Smith, and possibly Newton). This might be addresses twice in rounds 2 - 5.

4. ILB, provided Cushing is back next year it sure would be nice to have a young talented 2 down ILB playing next to him, one with potential for the future. 3rd - 5th round.

5. CB, I think we lose McCain to FA so some depth here would be nice. We still don't know what we have in Harris and Carmichael. 4th - 5th round.

6. FB & P, they're not glaring needs but solidifying these positions for years to come sure would be nice with some young inexpensive talent. 6th or 7th round.

DE is a possibility if like BB says and we save the 6 mil. salary but pay out the 2.5 mil. bonus to Antonio Smith. He's been playing really well and I'd hate to lose him in a money saving venture. Also if we cut Antonio to save money we'd be replacing 2/3 of our D-line at one time, and that can't be good.

TE is also a possibility but I think OD contract makes it unwise to cut him to try and save some money and he has also been playing extremely well this year, contrary to what I thought would happen. Got that one wrong obviously. Wrap some bacon around it and even crow tastes good.
i think we resign cody. he wont demand much money we will be able to resign him but i agree that NT is still a massive need. you get another playmaker on that line and it becomes a force for the next 10 years! THINK ABOUT THAT !!!

i dont think WR is a need this season, to call posey a mistake this early i think is a little rash i would give one more year. unless one of the top WR's fall.
Im all for bringing in another TE over a WR. THe 2nd TE is a lot more important in our Offence the the 2nd WR.

everything else im with you
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote