View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we using Foster correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Thanks for double-checking. Had I remembered ESPN keeps those stats I'd have done it myself. I try not to go there any more than I have to.

One thing the ESPN - and nfl.com - stats are missing that ProFootball Focus might have is how many of those non-connections were drops and how many were broken up or Schaub deciding to throw it over Arian's head when he sees that a catch would just get Foster killed.
Yeah, one correction I made after you quoted me was that the targets per game for '10 and '11 was corrected (picked up the wrong column and corrected it later).

I don't have the "catchable vs. non-catchable" stats you mentions, but as I alluded to in my previous post, there's been several times this year where I've seen Arian miss receptions that I felt he should have had, and while anything's possible, there's no reason I know of that the percentage of non-catchable targets should be appreciably different than prior years where his completion rate was in excess of 70%.