View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we using Foster correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
If the 610 guys said once per game on average, they're full of crap, (well, actually they're full of crap regardless, but that would just be an example of it). The fact that after 8 games he has 12 receptions might be the first clue he's being targeted more than once per game. I've noticed myself that there have been a few passes thrown Foster's way that were catchable, but not caught.

According to ESPN, through yesterday's game, Foster had been targeted 26 times this year (or 3.25 times per game). While it's a little bit down from prior years (4.1/game for '10 and '11 combined), it's not exactly 1 per game. More importantly is that of those 26 targets, he has 12 receptions or a completion rate of 46.1%. In 2010 and 2011, his completion rate was 78.6 and 73.6 percent respectively.

2012 Stats: (Foster is #218 after this week's game)
LINK

Career Stats:
LINK

Thanks for double-checking. Had I remembered ESPN keeps those stats I'd have done it myself. I try not to go there any more than I have to.

One thing the ESPN - and nfl.com - stats are missing that ProFootball Focus might have is how many of those non-connections were drops and how many were broken up or Schaub deciding to throw it over Arian's head when he sees that a catch would just get Foster killed.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote