View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we using Foster correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
We have been. If you haven't noticed, Foster has had the dropsies this year. I don't have the exact totals but he's looked plain bad in the passing department when we throw to him on easy dump offs. That definitely hurts Matt Schaub's trust in him. Plus we continually look for the play downfield and defenses sell out to Foster no matter where he lines up.
This was addressed in another thread. I don't buy into that "dropsies" crap. The guys on 610am, this morning, were discussing the fact that Foster had NO passes thrown in his direction in the Bills game and before that was being targeted, on average, once per game. Their theory is - and I think it has some merit - that with Foster getting 24-25 carries/game AND with Tate basically out of action (and who knows how long before he's back to 100%) they want to limit Foster's total touches each game. How effective do you guys think he'd be come post-season time if we piled 5,6, or 7 catches on top of his 24-25 carries/game??

If Tate recovers soon or if Forsett steps up to be a more effective back, then maybe Foster's carries go down and his catches go back up so that he's getting 15-18 carries/game plus 4-6 catches/game.

Make sense? It does to me.

Edit: Someone with access to ProFootball Focus or some like site can verify the targeting "data" the 610 am guys were spouting this morning.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote