Thread: Screens
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometexansfan View Post
I've noticed we haven't run that many this year. We were considered as one of the best teams at doing so in years past, so why not this year? Perhaps it's the defenses we've seen this year or maybe Kubes doesn't trust the new fellows on the right side quite yet? All I know is I would much rather see us try a screen to Foster instead of a draw play on 3rd and long that goes for next to nothing. Anybody else have any thoughts about this?
lots of people hanging around the box trying to take away the run (lots of gap discipline keeps lots of guys around the box) and teams are not blitzing us much out of fear for the play action. Hard to screen in that environment but that's why we get the wide open OD and Walter looks early in the year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote