View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012   #16
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mount Rushmore of the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
After Warren Moon, there was no longer a question mark on whether
Black men had the brains and leadership to lead an NFL squad to victory
by playing the heralded position of Quarterback.
I was probably one of Moon's biggest fans during his time with the Oilers. However before him I was probably even a bigger fan of Doug Williams in Tampa.

I would say Doug Williams proved the above before Moon. Doug Williams was not a choker like Moon and got an expansion team to the NFC Championship. Oh, and he did go on to win a Super Bowl in Washington.

Moon was a great stats guy (what is why he is in the HOF) but always folded in the playoffs. Williams went the whole distance becoming the first black QB to win a Super Bowl. Has there been another?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote