View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012   #7
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton to Dallas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Why would the NFL void his extension? Part of the "penalty"? As noted, seems that kinda works in Payton's favor to get away from the stink.
I read that there was some language in the contract that would let Payton walk if Mickey Lumis (NO GM) got fired or suspended. The league said they don't like that kind of precedent. I'm not sure when exactly the contract was terminated, and if it wasn't before the season, I don't understand why it took so long.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote