View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012   #142
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our first round pick Whitney Mercilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
His football IQ is great. Almost all of his big plays are a result if beating his man AFTER he's made contact.

He navigates through traffic and ends up losing the blocker and finding the lane the QB is headed for. He was going to have that same sort of result vs. Flacco too, but Barwin got there first.

Deceptive game speed. High football IQ. Reads the QB as good as Watt.

I want him held back in case we really REALLY need him down the stretch.
like your breakdown, seems reasonable to me. Or you could take it a step further & just say he is half a second quicker to the QB than Mario, which can make all the difference in the world. But look @ me I didn't even bother to mock him to the Texans because I thought for sure he would be long gone. Texan fans be patient he has everything you look for in a pass rusher, 1st rd. pick & Texan (awesome parents too!).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote