Thread: game notes
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: game notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Anti-Kubes glasses fogging up Herv? How is running 3 passing plays on the last possession of the first half "turtling"? They had 3 incompletions. How is that trying to eat the clock? Maybe I watched a different game than you did. Heh. Yeah, sometimes a coach playing the odds is frustrating to watch. In this game, with 3 minutes left everyone knew there would be 3 running plays. That's what happened. It burned 2 minutes off the clock and ensured the win. If Kubiak would have called a pass play, WAY more bad things can happen than good things. Incompletion, sack-fumble, interception... Again, it's not exciting to watch but most good coaches (like the current Superbowl winner) would play the odds and burn the clock with a 12 point lead.

Meh...I agree with you on most things Herv, but sometimes the anti-Kubiak crap on these boards (by a quite a few members) gets frustrating. The Texans are 7-1. Enjoy. =)
It's "the turtle" when all three of the passes are thrown to a guy who's barely beyond the line of scrimmage which I thought I made clear. I said nothing about how he ended the game. There's a time when you certainly eat clock and smile. That was the end of this game. I'm just saying the issue was in doubt far too long (as it has often been during Gary's mostly .500 time here). I just don't like the way he calls games. Probably never will. Enjoying 7-1 like a good fan should but I know it's because of Wade's defense and not Gary's offense. Before Wade got here the O was inconsistent but talented and the D was broken. Wade's fixed the D but the O is still at times a mystery.

They come out like this against the Bears and it's going to be ugly next Sunday night.