Thread: game notes
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012   #16
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: game notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan View Post
heres what i took from the game

1. our first round pick is very very good
2. Foster is becoming a non factor
3. bills fans are very obnoxious (still getting the beer stain out my shirt when they dumped beer on me)
4. I question wither kubiak can really take us to superbowl,way to conservative.. 2nd and 20 and they run it?
When teams work their entire defensive scheme around a running back like foster, he is not exactly a "non-factor". Even if he is averaging 3.9 yds per carry. He dictates the other teams defensive gameplan.

As far as kubiaks decision to run on 2nd and 20; it's easier to covert a 3rd and 10 rather than a 3rd and 20 assuming an incompletion happens. Most defenses sit in dime packages on a 2nd and 20 so throwing for a big gain is harder. It's easier to run on those packages due to less down lineman/linebackers.

Just Because kubiak doesn't heave it down field on 2nd or 3rd and long plays doesn't mean he can't take us to the Super Bowl. In fact, I think it shows the maturity of a coach to know how his team is built and stick with a gameplan. Face the facts, we have a conservative coach. The sooner you accept that, the less likely you will be upset every Sunday.

By the way, were 7-1 and widely considered the best team in the AFC and a top contender to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Things are good right now.