Thread: game notes
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012   #10
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: game notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Your fourth point is I think a legitimate question. The turtle returned today a few times and frankly, I still don't like this damn coach. He's lining up against a team that everyone in the NFL and half the SEC could run on and he's got the Texans out there throwing it around. Just run the hell out of them dammit! We came out fat, rusty, and uninterested I thought and didn't put anything consistent together on offense until after the half. The Texans get the ball with 1:42 to go before the half and they turtle their asses to a three and out in about half that time. No attempt to pick up the pace or shoot downfield. Just dicking around the line of scrimmage trying to eat clock. Then they kick it away to Buffalo who actually wants to score before the half and they throw for 11, 12, and 19 yards, then run for 22 before kicking a FG with 9 seconds remaining.

That sums up Gary completely in my eyes. He'll always do that and if Wade hadn't come along we'd be sitting around .500 and trying to keep Luck and the Colts from taking the division away from us. I don't think I'll ever like Gary.
Anti-Kubes glasses fogging up Herv? How is running 3 passing plays on the last possession of the first half "turtling"? They had 3 incompletions. How is that trying to eat the clock? Maybe I watched a different game than you did. Heh. Yeah, sometimes a coach playing the odds is frustrating to watch. In this game, with 3 minutes left everyone knew there would be 3 running plays. That's what happened. It burned 2 minutes off the clock and ensured the win. If Kubiak would have called a pass play, WAY more bad things can happen than good things. Incompletion, sack-fumble, interception... Again, it's not exciting to watch but most good coaches (like the current Superbowl winner) would play the odds and burn the clock with a 12 point lead.

Meh...I agree with you on most things Herv, but sometimes the anti-Kubiak crap on these boards (by a quite a few members) gets frustrating. The Texans are 7-1. Enjoy. =)