Originally Posted by Doppelganger
Thanks for the feedback!!!
3. I have actually entertained the notion of switching Barwin to DE due to his bigger size and having him rotate with Smith. Then when SMith is cut, Barwin becomes a starter. He is solid against the run and can provide pass rush ability. Perhaps his weight gain and less then productive start is a blessing in disguise?
3. There is certainly an argument to be made that WR should be addressed earlier. Whom would you suggest and in what round?
5. Perhaps, but may need to go in the fifth before he is grabbed in the 6th elsewhere.
5. Thats the thing about him. You dont walk on at Nebraska, become a starter, and then become recognized by the Big 10 unless you are doing something well. Just having him on the team might inspire others who are beginning to coast to get their butts back in the gym.
6. A lot of people haven't liked this one, but I agree with you. ST is a third of the game. The Texans got a great kicker last year, now get a great Punter and have a little versatility.
7. That's an interesting idea. Ray Ray as an ILB. He'd need to add some weight, but that could be an interesting move for him.
3. Barwin is not a 3-4 DE even with his increased size. He's either a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE. If he added enough bulk to play 3-4 DE I think it would slow him down considerably. If anything he needs to drop about 10-15 lbs. and stay at 3-4 OLB with the Texans. I hate to say it, and hope that it doesn't happen, but BB may be right, there's a strong chance we could lose Barwin to FA because we're not going to keep a 1st round pick (Mercilus) at a depth position forever.
3b. I like Marquess Wilson and Cordarrelle Patterson in the 2nd round and Quinton Patton is probably a 3rd round pick but it might require some luck for Patton to be available to us in the 3rd. I like Cobi Hamilton as well in the 2nd or 3rd round.
5. Yes someone else may pick him before our pick in the 6th but we use a true FB so little that I've got it as my 7th round pick, Zach Boren. Also Taimi Tutogi as an UDFA. Honestly I'd like to have Vonta Leach back but that's not going to happen, but I want a guy just like him in short yardage/goal line situations.
6. Sharp in the 6th just makes so much sense from a field position stand point. This is the reason Jacksonville invested a 3rd round pick at P in this years draft and he's now one of the best P in the NFL. Pinning your opponent deep in their own territory is such a big deal for your defense. Also having an extra K on the squad for depth or kickoff purposes just helps alot when limited to a 53 man roster. It's also nice to solidify this position for years to come, since Jones is on the wrong side of 30, and not have to address it again any time soon.
7. Armstrong just screams future ILB to me, and he's got the height to easily add 10-15 lbs. to take the pounding and not lose much in terms of speed.