Originally Posted by Doppelganger
1. From what I have seen, Fluker looks rather agile and has good lateral movement. I have seen him running down the field making a second block. Kinda surprised me. With DL getting bigger and bigger having a big athletic body is necessary to keep running the ZBS portion of the playbook.
2. Fair enough. Let's see some more from him this year, especially nearer the end of the season.
3. My concern is like Reed he jumps into the early 2nd. For now, he is still here in the 3rd.
3. I understand the concern, but I think it could present mismatches for the defense. Defenses adjust to the scheme the offense is running. The Texans
have AJ and Jean to play the #1 WR spot. They can then use the other 4 interchangeably to completely wear out and confuse defenses. Plus, one of them can be a kick returner/punt returner. That is a potentially ton of speed on the field. The D may have to play a soft cover to prevent the speedsters from getting by them.
4. Thanks! The joke seemed to write itself.
5. Millard seems like the kind of guy built for the Kubi-offense.
6. The Texans can use a guy who can boom kicks out of the endzone. Jones cannot do that. They need directional punting. Jones can't do that.
7. Need to see more on Ray Ray. You may be right.
1) There is a lot of football left, so we will be able to evaluate further. Maybe I just caught him on an off game, but while his power was certainly impressive, I did not see the extraordinary athleticism required for the Texans system. Furthermore, I think that Kubes will be wary of larger OL after Brooks.
2) This is a strong NT class, I think there are better candidates out there.
3) Jean is still quite the question mark in terms of long term potential. I think Stills is an ideal number 2 or slot guy, but I dont think he is a number 1. If we had a number 1 waiting in the wings, then I would be all for this pick. Is there a WR you like in the 2nd, then grab a NT here? I think that would improve your mock immensely.
5) Yeah, Millard is versatile as heck. Not the true FB type, but he is better than Casey as a power blocker. Love the pick.
6) I honestly believe that Jones is good enough, or that a replacement P can be found in FA. I agree that ST needs to be upgraded, but I think that should be done through coaching and depth players.
7) I like the idea of Ray Ray as an ILB. Having a nickel LB could help this D a lot, while Borland fills the need for a run stuffer.