View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012   #11
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: In Season Version 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I might have some issue with spelling Fluker correctly at times only imagine on the sidelines & opposing fields...could he come in & beat Newton day one out of his RT position? Wider base, longer wingspan but not as quick, mobile.

Floyd does not strike me as a 3-4 NFL nose tackle. Really like his physical style of play & understand you fitting him in here early just think he is a better fit @ DT in a 4-3.

Travis Long is a little under-rated. I could see this being real good fit & value here for Texans, talk about depth @ OLB. Would assume Barwin is gone via free agency.

Kenny Stills is a bit like Keshawn don't you think? Like the player, good value just think Texans would go after a big physical specimen to develop this late.

Love Borland. We discussed him at great lengths. Would endorse this selection.

Millard is interesting. Guess you choose to avoid upgrading blocking TE with blocking FB & put Casey out in the flats, I get that.

OG in the 5th I get that, value, needed depth all good.

Texans have Bullock coming off IR, although Quinn is a stud.

Ray Armstrong, yeah I would take a shot on him in the 7th why not how many 7th rd. draft picks have actually worked out for the Texans anyway? His intelligence is main concern not if he has the football skills, control the mind & Texans could have a steal in this kid, would like to see him succeed.

Overall Good Draft, a little different approach but I could live with it
1. Imagine all the Texans fans "accidentally" misspelling his name on the back of their jerseys!!! That said, yes. I think he could definitely beat out Newton. Yes, longer reach and longer base, but still pretty athletic. Here is makign a downfield block.

2. Perhaps. He seems like a 1 gap penetrator like Earl or Cody, only better. Need to see some more tape on him.

3. Actually I don't think Barwin goes in free agency. I think he switches positions. Barwin has put on some weight and gotten a bit bigger. I actually think he would be a pretty good DE at his size.

3. Agree he is like Keshawn. But, if you add a lot of good pass catchers with speed, you can make things tough on a defense. The Lions a few years ago tried to go big WRs without speed to utter failure. The Patriots season where they went undefeated featured one big strong WR and a group of smaller quicker interchangeable ones. It gave defenses fits becuase it forced them to play a soft shell to prevent the speedsters from getting by them.

4. I like him too. Would be a great selection.

5. Gotta get depth at the lines.

6. Bullock is a good kicker, but Sharp is a very good punter. How much is a good punter worth? Jones is a below average punter who exposes the ineptitude of this team's ST. By kickign directionally it reduces the returns. By booming the kicks out of bounce it eliminates them completely.

7. The only one coming to mind is Troy Nolan.

Thanks BL! Love the feedback!!!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote