Originally Posted by rmartin65
I like it. It fills some holes, provides depth, and has some players that I am a fan of myself.
1) I like upgrading RT, and agree 100% on Newton. And while I think FLuker grades out pretty highly, I worry about him fitting into the Texans scheme. You dont seem to have the same reservations, but I am concerned about his lateral movement and ability to make cut blocks. If this were the pick, I would be happy.
2) Hmmm... I like drafting a NT, but I just dont know enough about Floyd to say I like him. He has never stood out to me when I watch UF. I think that we could get some better value later.
3) Long should be a good OLB in the 3-4. He reminds me a lot of Reed in his pluses and minuses. Definitely happy with him in the 3rd.
3) I really like Stills, but I think he is a complementary player in the NFL. I great number 2, but he wont succeed as a number 1. However, I realize the odds of getting a number 1 this late in the draft is unlikely (which is why I advocate drafting one in the 1st or 2nd), and Stills is going to be an NFLer. Not thrilled, but I dont hate it. It does create quite the logjam at WR though. Between Posey/Martin/Jean/Walter/Stills, who gets cut, what does the depth chart look like?
4) Big fan of Borland., and of the Home Improvement joke. Great pick.
5) Sold on Millard. Heck of a player.
5) Dont know a lot about your OG. Do we need an OG? I have petty high hopes for Brooks and Jones. Still, this late in the draft grabbing some OL depth is never a bad decision.
6) Ehhhh, not a fan of drafting a P. Jones has been fine, and I think we could use this pick to add depth/STers at other positions.
7) Not sold on Armstrong. He is talented, but I dont think he moves well enough to work in Wade's D. Remember, Quin is the current SS. Armstrong would be better against the run, but much, much worse against the pass.
1. From what I have seen, Fluker looks rather agile and has good lateral movement. I have seen him running down the field making a second block. Kinda surprised me. With DL getting bigger and bigger having a big athletic body is necessary to keep running the ZBS portion of the playbook.
2. Fair enough. Let's see some more from him this year, especially nearer the end of the season.
3. My concern is like Reed he jumps into the early 2nd. For now, he is still here in the 3rd.
3. I understand the concern, but I think it could present mismatches for the defense. Defenses adjust to the scheme the offense is running. The Texans
have AJ and Jean to play the #1 WR spot. They can then use the other 4 interchangeably to completely wear out and confuse defenses. Plus, one of them can be a kick returner/punt returner. That is a potentially ton of speed on the field. The D may have to play a soft cover to prevent the speedsters from getting by them.
4. Thanks! The joke seemed to write itself.
5. Millard seems like the kind of guy built for the Kubi-offense.
6. The Texans can use a guy who can boom kicks out of the endzone. Jones cannot do that. They need directional punting. Jones can't do that.
7. Need to see more on Ray Ray. You may be right.