View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: In Season Version 1.0

1. Fluker, boy this is a toughy and RT is the biggest question mark on the team. It all depends on if you think Newton has what it takes to be the future at RT and own the position for years to come. Fluker would definitely anchor the RT spot and allow Newton to be a swing OT. I keep flip flopping on the Newton at RT issue, and still not sure. Fluker is a good pick though.
2. Floyd, I like the player but see him more as a DE in our 3-4, or as a 4-3 UT, more so than a 3-4 NT. He would add some flexibility to our D-line though. Maybe if he can add a little bulk/muscle without losing his speed/athleticism he'd be a good pick. How well can he anchor against a double team?
3. Long, I've heard the name batted around a little but not familiar with the player. This pick only makes sense if we lose Barwin to FA. I still think we get a discount on Barwin and he stays but honestly it's 50/50 at this time.
3b. Stills, I like the player but think the position should be addressed earlier. If still available he'd be a good pick.
4. Borland, tough undersized guy, seems like a Sharpton clone. I fear he's to small to take on OG and OT in the running game.
5. Millard, great player and fills a need but it seems a bit early for a FB.
5b. Long, I'm not familiar with the player but I love the position filled and the round selected. If he's willing to work and give 100% effort I'm sure the Texans would find room for him.
6. Sharp, I've had him in the 6th on some of my mocks as well and really like the idea of upgrading at P and getting an extra K in the process. I like the versatility.
7. Armstrong, I've been thinking about this guy as a late round pick as well but I'd put him on the practice squad and move him to play ILB. He's great against the run but very limited in pass coverage and with his athleticism I think he'd have a very good future at ILB.

Overall, not bad. I'd probably pick a larger ILB to stand up to the pounding the position takes but overall it's not bad.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote