View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012   #79
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
No, they wouldn't. San Diego is a terribly-coached team (don't let last night's win over a horrible KC team fool you). Norv Turner wouldn't know what to do with a talented RB like Ben Tate.
Whoa..... I didn't say they would be 6-2. I'm saying a competitor like Ben Tate wouldn't let their current record distract him from wanting to be a starter & going to a team where he has reasonable expectations of being a starter. Even with Matthews there, he probably thinks he would have won the job by now & they'd be on a 5 game win streak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
TK, That's ridiculous...

At the time of that draft Arian was not Arian. Ryan would have come in and been the starter. He didn't want to come here because he thought we sucked. We did at the time, but still...He didn't want to come here because we weren't that good and now he's on a team thats not that good...

And you think Tate would rather be in SD than in Houston?

doubtful. He'll get more money on his next contract backing up Arian here than he would as a starter in SD.
I don't know about ridiculous. The first time Matthews put the ball on the ground, Arian would have his chance & we'd be right back to where we are now. Arian is the man & the talented high draft pick would be carrying his pads to & from the practice field.