Thread: Oiler Games
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012   #30
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oiler Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I bet you were the only guy in the 50 states to own and early era Oiler jacket and a Buc creamsicle jacket back to back.
Probably true. I remember kids in school making fun of my creamsicle jacket.

It's funny though that you brought up Sears. Back then that was the best place to get NFL merchandise. It was the only place to get out of market teams merchandise.

Living in La Porte my mom used to always bring me home Oilers stuff. However she had to use the Sears catalog to buy me Bucs garb. I still remember her showing up with a Doug Williams 12 jersey (those old 70's jerseys that had the team name on front) and a Bucs watch with an orange band. I remember some kid in Deer Park picking a fight with me because of my "gay" orange watch ..lol.

BTW, my most prized NFL items back then were those 1979 series Damac posters. I had one of the Oilers and the Bucs. Those were the coolest posters. The Oilers one had Pastorini handing off to Earl with an oil working working on a rig in the background.

I just recently found someone here that had the Bucs one. I bought it from him and am going to frame it for my sports room.

Here is the Bucs one. I cannot find the Oilers one I had on Google.

Here's an Oilers one but this is not the one I had. I think each year they released a different one.

Here are many more teams http://www.illustratednfl.talktalk.net/Damac.html
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote