View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What happened to the turtle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTexan View Post
I like this theory. I can imagine ...
<fantasy>
that meeting where Kub tells his captains what he wants, and then there's a pregnant silence. Schaub looks Kubiak directly in the eye and says, "OK, but you need to turn us loose on offense. Let us go for the kill until it's over. Let's play each possession like we're down by 6. If you trust us, we'll win this game by 30 points." Another silence, as everyone in the room realizes that the expression of this sentiment was long in coming. Then Kubiak just says, "Deal."

After the game and the locker room speeches and most have left for home, Schaub and Kubiak just look at each other. Nothing is said, as nothing needs to be said -- Schaub had made his point.
</fantasy>

And if this fantasy meeting did happen, we may see it in this otherwise forgettable game against the Bills. I want to see how aggressive we are if we build up a sizable early lead.
The important words are in bold.

It's not the play calling that doesn't pick up the first downs to stay on the field & take a shot down field.