Thread: Oiler Games
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oiler Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I remember always wanting the Oiler letterman jacket out of the Sears catalogue. You would see guys around school with the Cowboys jacket but not many Oiler ones. It didn't help that they were really awful colors (not to mention the team was awful at that time)...back then those jackets were this weird Lions-esque blue with Silver/grey arms and the silver helmet on the chest. They got rid of the silver and the NFL started marketing sportsgear around then.
I had that jacket. It was Oilers blue with silver plastic (I assume that was plastic) sleeves and the round patch that looked like this ..

I wore that out and I remember my mom buying me the same jacket from Sears but a Bucs orange one. I rooted for the Bucs as a kid also because they had the same colors as La Porte HS. I think by that time Bud had fired Bum and I was really turned off of the Oilers.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote