Thread: Oiler Games
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oiler Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Thanks for info Vinny. That's how we ending up getting Culp! He is one of my Fav player on D side along with Dr Doom.
anytime...I was about 11 or so back then....I've followed the Oilers from earlier when they were back to back 1-13 teams. I remember always wanting the Oiler letterman jacket out of the Sears catalogue. You would see guys around school with the Cowboys jacket but not many Oiler ones. It didn't help that they were really awful colors (not to mention the team was awful at that time)...back then those jackets were this weird Lions-esque blue with Silver/grey arms and the silver helmet on the chest. They got rid of the silver and the NFL started marketing sportsgear around then.

Some old pics of the different helmets from the different eras...

Ed Biles and can anyone name the TE next to him? We traded him and got the rights to a pretty good rb in his day...

Fred Willis

Kenny Burrough

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote