View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012   #227
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Nah, Mario was the former #1 pick who performed way better--overall--than the number 2 and number 3 pick (which was a great thing for Mario the free agent, btw). No way did Rick Smith ever have any sort of illusions as to whether Mario could come back or not. Too many teams with too much spare money existed.

For Mario to continue to paint himself a victim is just sad. I'm not even mad about it anymore. I genuinely feel sorry for him because of how he genuinely thinks he got shown the door.

The Texans drafted the best player out of the three choices the Texans had eyed for the top pick. That's not Mario's fault, and it damn sure isn't the fault of our team either. They paid him well, but paid him less than what VY or RB would have wanted. Win-Win, IMO: Mario gets to be the #1 overall AND gets money he would have had at position number 4. Flash forward to this past offseason and it all worked out well for Mario.

Lost in all of this is whether or not the Texans "wanted" him back. To me, that's water under the bridge and isn't the main focus of this at all. What is to be focused upon is DID the Texans have the money to win him back? Nope. Therefore, this is not even an issue in the grand schemes of things.

All Mario had to do is be real and say "Hey, I enjoyed my time in Houston. I worked hard when I was there. I will work hard in Buffalo. God has blessed me with the ability to play football, and I am now playing for the Bills."
But no. Hell no. He had to set himself up nicely with a convenient alibi..

..my former team stabbed me in the back, discarded me, never even tried to keep me. Makes for good TV drama. Makes good deflection and flares to ward off the missiles of criticism when the long knives come out for Mario when he doesn't produce in Buffalo. He's more worried about us than he is about him playing well in Buffalo. He could have painted a better picture of himself, of us, and of this game itself. But he chose to get offended and STILL chooses to be a child about being the richest freaking defensive player in history. If that doesn't turn fans sour, nothing will.

Jacoby should not have been boo's. Mario? If the mob wants to stick up a thumbs down into the air, let the mob have their way. Mario asked for it.
Lol, you say you're not mad anymore....but then you type out this long post that's laden with nothing but feelings and obvious ill will toward the guy.........still.

How is whether or not the texans wanted him back not the main focus? Especially in context of what he said & when the majority of the idiots booing the guy in the stadium this sunday will be booing him b/c they feel like he sold us out to take more money. They damn sure couldn't boo the guy for anything else .........not without looking like hypocrites anyway.

Also, what does anything that happened here with him have to do with how Buffalo fans feel about him now?

You're also a fool if you don't think that Rick Smith & Bob didn't want him back. Sure, we were up against it, but if the price was right or at least reasonable, they surely would've been open to resigning him.

Don't be a fool & think that Ricky & co. don't play the media too...There's at least 1 other instance where this may or may not have occured. Upon Dunta leaving he alledges that Smith told him 1 thing but said/did another. All Mario's saying here is that "it's not all on me folks". Now surely, i'm not mad that Smith isn't afraid to go back on his word........as long as the teams best interests are at heart, but surely it's not out of the realm of possibility that publically Smith/Mcnair are saying they want him back & privately their actions are reflecting something else.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote