View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012   #224
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Brown wasn't due up until after this year, so in theory they could've waited to sign him until after this season.

maybe letting go of those guys could've been an attempt by Smith to make room for mario....Mario just signed before smith had a looksee at the final numbers.
Nah, Mario was the former #1 pick who performed way better--overall--than the number 2 and number 3 pick (which was a great thing for Mario the free agent, btw). No way did Rick Smith ever have any sort of illusions as to whether Mario could come back or not. Too many teams with too much spare money existed.

For Mario to continue to paint himself a victim is just sad. I'm not even mad about it anymore. I genuinely feel sorry for him because of how he genuinely thinks he got shown the door.

The Texans drafted the best player out of the three choices the Texans had eyed for the top pick. That's not Mario's fault, and it damn sure isn't the fault of our team either. They paid him well, but paid him less than what VY or RB would have wanted. Win-Win, IMO: Mario gets to be the #1 overall AND gets money he would have had at position number 4. Flash forward to this past offseason and it all worked out well for Mario.

Lost in all of this is whether or not the Texans "wanted" him back. To me, that's water under the bridge and isn't the main focus of this at all. What is to be focused upon is DID the Texans have the money to win him back? Nope. Therefore, this is not even an issue in the grand schemes of things.

All Mario had to do is be real and say "Hey, I enjoyed my time in Houston. I worked hard when I was there. I will work hard in Buffalo. God has blessed me with the ability to play football, and I am now playing for the Bills."

But no. Hell no. He had to set himself up nicely with a convenient alibi....my former team stabbed me in the back, discarded me, never even tried to keep me. Makes for good TV drama. Makes good deflection and flares to ward off the missiles of criticism when the long knives come out for Mario when he doesn't produce in Buffalo. He's more worried about us than he is about him playing well in Buffalo. He could have painted a better picture of himself, of us, and of this game itself. But he chose to get offended and STILL chooses to be a child about being the richest freaking defensive player in history. If that doesn't turn fans sour, nothing will.

Jacoby should not have been boo's. Mario? If the mob wants to stick up a thumbs down into the air, let the mob have their way. Mario asked for it.