View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012   #24
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
This is misleading b/c i'm sure on some level what both these guys (Mario & Rick) said/saying is true. Smith probably told him "yeah we want you back, but we likely will not be able to afford what you may command on the market....hint, hint."

Of course Mario's agent was in his other ear saying " They always say that, it's just a negotiating tactic to give you less money. Why don't we test the market and see what houston comes back with....hint hint."

Of course, we know how those "tests" come out 9/10 times with high profile FA's. I have no doubt that mario may have wanted to stay here, I think his fiance is from here & he still owns a home here....but the temptation of 100 million is just too much for anyone to say no to.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote