View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Phillips leave after a Super Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
No, it's not "only football". I root for groups I can be proud of. I can't be proud of people I don't like.

It's about branding. It's about conducting your organization in a proper, respectable, orderly, classy fashion.

Rex Ryan is the antithesis of "Houston Texans", and the antithesis of all the reasons I love this football team.
It should be about winning and only winning. That's why they keep score.

Unfortunately to many fans care about all of the periphreal stuff and the Texans org felt no pressure to put the best product possible on the field for a DECADE. However they did make alot of $$$$.

When the fans started turning on the franchise/Gary, BoB magically found the $$$$ to sign Wade to a big contract and bring in Manning and Joseph on huge deals as well. All of the sudden the Texans went from also rans to SB contenders. Funny how that works.

What are the reasons you love this team? Are they your moral compass? It's just entertainment. A winning team is much more entertaining to me and I personally dont care what Coaches/players do in their PRIVATE lives. As long as they win on Sundays.

Speaking of this model organization, Do you think it's right that they allowed D.Davis to play on a bad knee, destroying his career? How about last yr when they cut AJ's hamstring loose so the could get him back on the field, probably costing him a spot in the HOF? Manning playing with a bone bruise that C-N-D said had a good chance of breaking if he was allowed to play and that's exactly what happened? (Dont mean to speak for you C-N-D.)

See the thing is the Texans aren't a lily white org. They just do a better job of hiding their skeletons than most teams.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote