View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans version of the WCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's not personal. I think 76Texan is a valued member (regardless of his feeling for me). I think we've given him a lot of slack in regards to posting numerous large pics in order to illustrate his points. Which other members have enjoyed.

I really think his post(s) on the WCO belong on a blog. Much like dalemurphy has utilized. Then provide a link to the blog, pointing to the specific Texans information in a thread here. But starting a thread where the Texans aren't even mentioned until the 8th post, and complaining that it is strictly about the Texans seems odd. Not to mention, the links provided were far from current.

Finally, there's nothing wrong with posting a thread in the NFL forum. It's not the black sheep of the board. Furthermore, the thread is more likely to stay on the front page of this forum than if it resided in the Texans forum.

No one bats 1.000 in making decisions here. We take our best guess based on what we've seen that works and doesn't work. Not everyone will agree with what we do 100% of the time. But, we're trying to do the best we can for everyone.
yep. I actually check the NFL section first when I log on the forum. I'm a Texans fan, of course, but also a big NFL fan. Pro football is the only sport that I can watch two teams not from Houston and enjoy the heck out of it. My wife calls herself a "football widow" during the fall, because she knows that Sundays are dedicated to the games.

But back to the point, there is nothing wrong with the NFL section, and I think threads like this one really help all fans understand the fundamentals of the game. I think you mentioned it up thread, but this one would have been second page very quickly on the Texans forum. In the NFL section, it will probably stay first page for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Now if only you have responded to my PM like this, I wouldn't have no qualm.

But you never did!
I can't speak for Lucky, but I am guilty of not seeing PMs. Sometimes I don't notice until days after it was sent to me. I always try to answer when I see them, but I never want anyone to think that I'm ignoring them. I simply don't notice it many times when I log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
As always 76, great content and you make this place more informative for me.

Lucky, I think you guys do a fantastic job.
I agree with Lucky's sentiments about 76Texan and enjoy reading his analysis.

And thanks for the props. We are just regular fans like everyone else.